Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel
35 West 5th Street
What is ASAP University?
ASAP’s mission, is to provide a world class organization that promotes knowledge, idea sharing, and creates an atmosphere where our membership can leverage learned best-of-breed practices to better manage their enterprise automation systems.
ASAP – IBM Workload Automation Education & Training is an independent entity established for businesses holding an IBM Workload Scheduler or Workload Scheduler for z/OS license to share ideas on Workload Scheduler or Workload Scheduler for z/OS installation, applications and problem solving discoveries.
ASAP – Workload Automation Education & Training is a volunteer, user supported, not-for-profit organization which is managed by a volunteer board of directors (representatives of member companies) and administered by MeetingWorks. User and vendor sessions are presented at the conference through the generous donation of time, resource and talent of the IBM Workload Automation user community and their respective organizations.
Formerly established as a membership organization in 1992, ASAP – Workload Automation Education & Training has a two-fold purpose:
- To exchange and disseminate information relative to IBM Workload Scheduler and IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS, global systems management and the IBM suite of automation products
- To influence the direction, design and enhancement of the IBM Workload Scheduler and IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS product through a formal requirements process
To accomplish its purpose ASAP – Workload Automation Education & Training
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter,
- Executes a formal product requirements process,
- Holds an annual technical and informational user conference.
Members derive the great benefits through the formal and informal exchanges of information about IBM Workload Scheduler and IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS implementation and management experience at the annual ASAP University. Since each installation is unique, the conferences focus on common interests and opportunities in the areas of training, education, application, conversion, recovery, scheduling and management. Informal discussions of the various solutions provide members insight as to how these problems / opportunities might be approached and overcome. The members share those extremely important approaches which have led to the successful solution of problems.